United States District Court, D. Montana, Missoula Division
L. Christensen, Chief Judge.
the Court are Defendant George Leslie Manlove's
("Manlove") motions in limine 1A-1J(Docs. 110, 112,
113, 114, 116, 118, 120, 122, 124, 126), motion in limine 2
(Doc. 128), motion in limine 3 (Doc. 130), and motion in
limine 4 (Doc. 132). The Government opposes all motions with
the exception of Manlove's motions in limine IB and 1C.
At the outset, the Court's overriding goal in this case
is to facilitate efficient presentation of the relevant
evidence, and, to the extent possible, preclude irrelevant
and extraneous matters at the time of trial. With this goal
in mind and for the reasons briefly explained below, the
Court grants motions in limine 1A, IB, 1C, 1G, II, 1 J, and
3, grants in part motion in limine 4, and denies motions in
limine ID, IE, IF, 1H, and 2.
and Factual Background
George Leslie Manlove ("Manlove") is the former CEO
of Vann's, Inc., a Montana corporation that owned and
operated retail electronics and appliance stores throughout
the state before declaring bankruptcy in 2012. On December
21, 2015, Manlove was indicted on 221 felony criminal counts.
The Government alleges that Manlove, along with CFO Paul
Nisbet, conspired to defraud their former employer.
December 2, 2016, Manlove filed 13 motions in limine
• Motion in Limine 1A - Facts Not in the Record (Doc.
• Unopposed Motion in Limine IB - Burden of Proof (Doc.
• Unopposed Motion in Limine 1C - Failure to Testify
• Motion in Limine ID - Expert Testimony not Timely
Disclosed (Doc. 114)
• Motion in Limine IE - Statements of George Leslie
Manlove (Doc. 116)
• Motion in Limine IF - Evidence not Produced Prior to
December 2, 2016 (Doc. 118)
• Motion in Limine 1G - George Leslie Manlove's
Criminal Record (Doc. 120)
• Motion in Limine 1H - Preclude or Strike Testimony of
Witness for Whom Jencks Material has not been Provided (Doc.
• Motion in Limine II - Public Sentiment (Doc. 124)
• Motion in Limine 1J - Uncharged Conduct: Order the
Prosecution to Provide Notice of an Intent to Introduce
404(b) Evidence (Doc. 126)
• Motion in Limine 2 - Facts not Found by the Grand Jury
• Motion in Limine 3 - Statements of Co-Defendant After
the Alleged ...