United States District Court, D. Montana, Billings Division
FINDINGS OF FACT, CONCLUSIONS OF LAW, DEFAULT
JUDGMENT, AND ORDER OF FORFEITURE
P. WATTERS UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE.
matter is brought before this Court by Plaintiff, United
States, by and through its attorney, Victoria L. Francis,
Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Montana. The
United States has filed a Motion for Entry of Default
Judgment and Order of Forfeiture pursuant to Fed.R.Civ.P.
55(b)(2). (Doc. 13). Upon considering the pleadings filed
herein, the Court makes the following Findings of Fact and
Conclusions of Law.
October 12, 2017, the United States instituted a judicial
forfeiture action by filing in this cause a Verified
Complaint in Rem against the defendant firearms,
consisting of the following property involved in a violation
of 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(1), and 18 U.S.C. §
922(a)(1)(A), and subject to forfeiture pursuant to 18 U.S.C.
• Uberti Aldo Revolver, Model 1873 Cattleman, .45
Caliber, Serial No. N04495;
• Savage Rifle, Model Axis, 243 Caliber, Serial No.
• Marlin Rifle, Model 336W, 30-30 Caliber, Serial No.
• Remington Rifle, Model 700, 7 Caliber, Serial No.
• Mauser Rifle, Model 1891, 30-06 Caliber, Serial No.
• Savage Shotgun, Model 67E, 12 Caliber, Serial No.
• Remington Shotgun, Model 870, 20 Caliber, Serial No.
• 1, 437 assorted multi caliber ammunition;
• 95 assorted 20 caliber ammunition; and
• 82 assorted 12 caliber ...